Waterfall Dental & Prosthodontic Studio| www.waterfalldental.co.za and its affiliates understand the importance of protecting your personal data.
This Privacy Statement sets out how Waterfall Dental & Prosthodontic Studio| www.waterfalldental.co.za manages your personal data and applies to the Waterfall Dental & Prosthodontic Studio| www.waterfalldental.co.za that link to it. This policy represents the Waterfall Dental & Prosthodontic Studio| www.waterfalldental.co.za commitment to compliance with its obligations under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) European Union (EU) 2016/679, which is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When you interact with us, we may collect personal data from you. You can choose not to provide personal data when requested. However, if you choose not to, and this is necessary to provide you with our solutions and services or access to our websites, we may be unable to adequately or appropriately serve your needs. Depending on how you interact with us, the personal data we collect may include:
· your first and last name, email address, job title/position, company name, postal address, phone number, mobile number and other contact information;
· log-in and account information for authentication purposes and account access;
· your marketing preferences;
· demographic data such as your gender, age, country and preferred language;
· data about how you and your PC or device interact with the Chamber (NPC), including web pages you visit when you use our websites and device, connectivity and configuration data; and
· any other information reasonably required in order to enable the Chamber (NPC) to render its services adequately and efficiently.
We do not generally collect sensitive personal data about you, including information relating to your health, religion, political beliefs, race or sexual orientation, except with your consent or unless we are required to do so by law.
If we link other data with your personal data, we will treat that linked data as personal data.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We may collect your personal data in a variety of ways when you interact with us, including when:
· you purchase our solutions and services;
· you create an account with us;
· we process your orders and payment transactions;
· we respond to your inquiries and requests;
· there are communications between you and our representatives;
· we obtain feedback from you about our solutions and services;
· we conduct our administrative and business functions;
· you subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters;
· you access and use our websites;
· you apply for employment with us. We may also collect your personal data from third-party sources and third parties including public databases, business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use personal data to:
· send communications to you;
· establish, manage, and maintain our business relationships;
· respond to inquiries and requests;
· develop, provide, and improve our services and solutions;
· inform you about our services and solutions;
· obtain feedback from you on our services and solutions;
· provide you with a more personalised experience when you interact with us;
· conduct administrative and business functions;
· update our records and keep contact details up to date;
· enable you to effectively use and to improve our websites,
· compile website usage statistics;
· enable you to subscribe to newsletters and mailing lists;
· recruit staff;
· assess the performance of our websites and to improve their operation;
· process and respond to privacy questions, concerns and complaints;
· fulfil legal and contractual obligations.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Waterfall Dental & Prosthodontic Studio| www.waterfalldental.co.za is committed to protecting your personal data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards and contractually requiring that third parties to whom we disclose your personal data do the same.
When you submit or post personal data online, you should be aware that the internet is not completely secure. Waterfall Dental & Prosthodontic Studio| www.waterfalldental.co.za cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you submit or post online.
You can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from the Waterfall Dental & Prosthodontic Studio| www.waterfalldental.co.za by email, SMS, post and phone. Even when you have agreed to this, you may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us at any time and manage your communication preferences by:
· following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or SMS text message from us;
· sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our websites, solutions or services.
We do not provide your personal data to unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes or sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal data commercially available to any third party.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CORRECT, UPDATE, BLOCK OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you wish to access, correct, update, block, or delete personal data that we hold about you, please write to us using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Statement. We will respond within a reasonable period and, at the latest, within 30 days of the date of your request.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
· enabling you to sign in;
· authenticating you;
· keeping track of the information you have provided to us;
· improving your browsing experience;
· customising our interactions with you;
· storing and managing your preferences and settings;
· compiling statistical data;
· analysing the performance and usability of our websites;
· measuring website traffic patterns;
· determining which areas of our websites have been visited.These technologies collect information that your browser sends to our websites including your browser type, information about your IP address (a unique identifier assigned to your computer or device which allows your PC or device to communicate over the Internet), together with the date, time and duration of
your visit, the pages you view and the links you click.
Our sites may also contain web beacons or similar technologies from third-party analytics providers, through which they collect information about your online activities across our websites to help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of marketing campaigns or other business operations.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
Our websites may contain links to sites and applications operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party site or application, and we are not responsible for any third-party content or privacy statements. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the relevant third-party privacy statements.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce agreements. Depending on the purpose, retention periods will vary. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include whether:
· we are under a legal, contractual or other obligation to retain personal data including pursuant to data retention laws, as part of an investigation or for litigation purposes;
· personal data is needed to provide our solutions and services business including performance improvement and to maintain accurate business and financial records;
· there are automated means to enable you to access and delete your personal data at any time. We will generally retain personal data for a shorter period of time, where this is not the case;
· the personal data is sensitive personal data in which event we will generally retain this for a shorter period of time;
· you have consented to us retaining your personal data for a longer retention period, in which case, we will retain personal data in line with your consent.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we do, we will post the revised version, with an updated revision date.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about how your personal data is stored at Waterfall Dental & Prosthodontic Studio| www.waterfalldental.co.za, or you have a privacy concern, or you wish to make a complaint, please contact us:
T: (+27) 11 304 6795